This part of the guide should cover the rest of the pets attainable in the game as it stands at the moment. These ones are by no means easy, and quite often they depend on nothing but luck and farming. Maybe some camping if you’re so inclined. We’ll start easy and work our way up to the harder. The GOOD news is, Guild Mum reports the achievement to get Lil Fawn’s Saltlick will be reduced from 100 to 75!!
- Skyguard Exalted has the Nether Ray Fry.
- Sporeggar Exalted will net you a Tiny Sporebat
- Kalu’ak Exalted will get you Pengu, an adorable baby penguin
- Oracles Revered will allow you to purchase a Mysterious Egg, it takes 7 days to hatch, and can drop a Cobra Hatchling, Tickbird Hatchling, White Tickbird Hatchling, and Red Protodrake Whelp. Rarely it will also drop a Green Protodrake mount. These drops are random and rare, so be patient and keep trying!
- Stinker comes from your 50 pet achievement
- Kirin’Tor familiar is the final reward for Higher Learning. You’ll find the guide I used to complete this on the linked wowhead page.
- Mister Pinchy- randomly fished up in a magical crawdad box from Highlands Mixed Schools in Skettis. Even if you catch the box (which is an achievement) you have to get lucky and hope the Benevolant Mr Pinchy grants your wish.
- Giant Sewer Rat- Fished up from the Dalaran Sewers. This could be fast, or extremely long. It’s just a random catch. BE CAREFUL if you autoloot! Make SURE your loot is inventoried BEFORE you recast! You don’t want to miss the confirmation dialog and accidently throw him back.
- Baby Crocolisk (4 total) Random reward in your bag of fishing treasures after completing the outlands fishing daily “Crocolisks in the City” I still only have 1, but keep trying!!
Farming (non dungeon)
- Emerald Whelpling – Drops from Dreaming Whelps in Swamp of Sorrows. Strategy, kill all the green whelps, even though only the Dreaming drop it. They all share respawns.
- Azure Whelpling – elite blue dragonkin in Azshara drop this.
- Tiny Crimson Whelpling – Drops from Flamesnorting, Crimson, and Red whelps in the wetlands near Grim Batol I think it was.
- Dark Whelpling – the best place to farm these is in Lethlor Ravine in Badlands, there are whelps on either side of the large center area with good respawn rates. The center area is full of elites, a 70 can run through carefully enough to not aggro, lower levels migt want to go back out and around to change sides.
- Captured Firefly Zangarmarsh , Bogflare Needlers near Orebar Harborage. Easy route (left as you exit the harborage, and straight ahead of the harborage), quick respawns.
- Disgusting Oozeling – anywhere there are lvl 50+ ozzes. Some say Felwood is best, I had good luck inthe Infectus Scar in EPL.
One Time Only – If you missed the scourge invasion in 2008, Blizzards 4 year anniversary, the 2008 Olympics in game rewards for pvp, or Winter Veil 2007 these are not attainable. (I know there are more but these are the ones I know of off hand)
Dungeons and Raids
- Phoenix Hatchling – Kael’thas Sunstrider in Magister’s Terrace (best drop rate is heroic)
- Mojo from Zul’aman
Last but not least, we have Special Events. However, there is no way I could do this near as well as the calendar that Breanni has created. So I’m referring you to it! While you’re there, sign up!! If you haven’t already of course. There is no way I could have tracked my pets OR written these pages without that site. I didn’t include TCG or CE pets, or any other outside source in this guide, because I wanted to focus on what can be fond in the game itself.
If you’ve attained all of these pets listed, you should have your Stinker, and be well on your way to your own lil fawn!